How the World Spends its Disposable Income

The NYT has an interesting article, and simply amazing interactive map illustrating how the different countries of the world stack up when it comes to spending on things like clothing & footwear, electronics, alcohol & tobacco, household goods, and recreation.

Note to self: don’t try to market any electronics in Greece:

Greeks spend almost 13 times more money on clothing as they do on electronics.

[via Gruber]

Tags: , ,

1. cheapkidsshoes’s avatar

We are professional cheap mens shoes online store .We provide Air Jordans for sale,Nike high tops,<a href=http://www.features-clothing.com> dropship Nike shoes ,brand shoe,cheap mens clothing for cheap .wholesale Air Jordans shoes for kids & women.

2. JabbaJaw’s avatar

So if you ever go to Greece, try to sell clothing:)) Got that, but I would rather go to a country where I could sell electronics. Electronics make a very good business from my point of view.
    ____________________________________________
    Residential Opiate Detox

3. Bill’s avatar

Well, that is pretty much like my budget and I'm also considered a tech geek.

4. cheap marlboro cigarettes’s avatar

Greeks are pretty much in love with clothing and other things such as alcohol and tobaccos than electronice, well they are much aware with what they look or should I say with their appearance

5. Female Sex Toys’s avatar

6. businesphonesystems’s avatar

Contact us for your Small Business Telephone Systems, VOiP Phone Systems and all your business phones needs.

7. cheap cigarette cartons’s avatar

this really sounds interesting, I'll try to list this all up.. this may create another great story.. thanks for giving us ideas.

8.                Ribbon ’s avatar

Oh! I have this great stuff to share with you…..

9. Jack Charlton’s avatar

My view on spending disposable income is;
    1. 10% tithe, possibly more, to other charities/fundraisers etc
    2. 10% (approx) to savings
    3. fairly large amounts go to medical expenses, mostly RX
    4. Spanish classes
    4. basic living – utilities, groceries, car/home insurance
    5 fun stuff – is not a big item because I just don't have time! I do eat out a lot, download songs, but I read a lot for free from the library. I don't have cable (don't like TV) but I do have satellite radio, which I love, and it's cheap.

Dave Ramsey's Quickie Budget is my favorite easy budget form.

10. denta insurance’s avatar

Thanks for the information especially only the Greece.. I guess they make think to make a insurance in there dresses.. ^_^

11. Adult Toys’s avatar

yeah. i spent mine on sex toys

12. Adult Toys’s avatar

Exactly. What else can you buy for $20 and it bring so many smiles… lol. I expect the adult toys industry to have a big 2009 and 2010.

13. Design build austin’s avatar

never thought that greece spends that much on clothes, they are so fashionist.

14. Indie’s avatar

Well that's what I also seen in other countries. I can't tell that there no one here. But now people are getting wiser in buying things they firstly consider what are the major needs first.

15. VOIP_Phone_Reviews’s avatar

Excellent! Great article, I already saved it to my favourite,

16. Gigs’s avatar

17. canadianpleasure’s avatar

that is pretty much like my budget and I'm also considered a tech geek.signature:Sex toys
    vibrator

18. abdulsamizi’s avatar

I guess the whole idea is to promote your website using social tools like hi5 or twitter. I happen to have a website with cheap designer clothes and I could use the benefits of getting in touch with my potential clients of course using Hi5, Twitter, Facebook etc. I guess traditional Marketing didn't foresaw the immense benefits of web 2.0 hehe

19. Self Storage’s avatar

Spending your income wisely is a must, well eversince the economic recession had been an issue we started to budget wisely regarding with household, clothes, and other necessities